6.13.2010

By Small & Simple Things

Went to Plaquemine today for their Conference.   It was great!  Heard these scriptures from the Book of Mormon and had to share.

Alma 37:6-7, 37
 6 Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
  7 And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord doth cconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls. 
 
  37 aCounsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day. 

I think sometimes we are all guilty of thinking some things just aren't possible.  Often times we are humbled by the Lord even to our knees and that is when we see that He can do all things even if it is something so small.  The small things are the greatest lessons we learn of the power of the Almighty.  I'm so grateful for all I've been blessed with.  I'm thankful for the Lord's hand in my life.  I know we would not be expecting one of His children if it wasn't for my prayers practically begging some days to open Markus' heart, even to the idea that he can love one of His children.  That is such a miracle to me that was something small to some, but the smallness of what was really keeping this from happening really for us.   He works miracles.   He can make something out of nothing.  I think we are all aware of this.  So go to Him and He will bless you in His time and with His will for YOU!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin