4.11.2010

He Sent His Son

I've been thinking a lot about this song we teach to our primary age kids at church. It has such a powerful yet simple enough message for our children to understand. Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Can't wait til my kids can sing this in church.

He Sent His Son (the Lyrics)

How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness.
How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
He sent his Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know.
How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath.
What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
What does he ask? Live like his Son.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I love it too! I get to hear our kids sing it in Primary any time I want b/c I am their music leader haha! We are singing it at Stake Conference so get ready for some waterworks...I always get the goosebumps and tear up a little!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin