4.05.2010

Happy 60th Birthday Mother!

Dearest Mother,

On your birthday I thought I'd post one of your favorite pictures of us.  Thought it would be a cute one.  I can't remember how old I was as I don't have the original pic anymore, but the twins were in your belly so I have to be somewhere around 16 or so months old?  All I remember you telling me about this one is we were at your Aunt Julia's house and she had the best gardens.  You taught me all about gardening.  Thank you for giving me such an appreciation for the green of this earth.  I've never wanted to stop learning about it.  It is by far my most favorite place to be in and/or around my house.  I guess I learned that at a young age (as pictured above).

I've learned a lot from you in my short 27 years on this earth.  And what a wealth of knowledge it has been.  I would almost say I value that more than a "real" education, but I guess that would be a matter of opinion as I haven't been to a university YET.  You always wanted us to go to college.  But as you have said multiple times you wanted to go back to school, well I feel the same way.  I suppose it would be a timing thing for me and also a BIG decision.  What to do first, kids or school?  How do you put a priority on that?

I'm happy you saw fit to have us 6 girls.  I love all my sisters and I'm so grateful for all they bring to our family.  Goodness knows who would I tattle on back in the day (or now for that matter, haha)?  or pull their hair, or any of the other crazy terrible things my brain could think of. 

Clearly this letter could go on, but I digress.  

Nonetheless Happy Birthday!  May you look back on your 60 years and remember all that you have accomplished.  Wish you many more to come and hope you have a fun and Happy 60th Birthday!

Love,

Jenn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin