5.24.2009
Feeling Spoiled
This weekend has been a bit of pampering of sorts you could say in comparison to the last few months. Friday night I didn't have to work, so we went out for a night on the town. haha! First Markus took me to the mall. Let me just say I feel like a woman again, I bought some cheap table linens from PB. I really really really miss PB. I got a black linen runner that was trimmed out in velvet ribbon with 6 matching napkins for $22! It was a steal for PB. Then we went to eat at a Filipino place. The first in BR. I liked it a lot. It was Markus' tennis buddy's restaurant. I would highly recommend Pinoy! Then he let me rent Bride Wars. Loved it! No he didn't watch it with me, well maybe 10 minutes but he hated it. LOL! So Saturday rolls around and it had rained so I wasn't able to immediately jump in the yard. So we went to the nursery. Also a place I miss especially in the Spring! We found hydrangeas on sale and Markus insisted I get one! Ha! I just wanted a rose bush, but opted for the hydrangea instead. Then we went to go visit his old boss @ the fruit stand and found they had lemon trees. Yep I got a Meyer Lemon tree! :) I love lemons, so this was my lucky day apparently cause they usually sell them in the fall when they produce a lot of fruit or something. So I finally have a lemon tree! That evening I was able to work in the yard and get everything all straight. I'm super duper excited that it's all straight and in 2 weeks we will be building (with help) an arbor over the deck in the side yard to make for my perfect little getaway :) I can't wait til we can afford to through parties/ get togethers again! Pics to come soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Maybe you can afford to throw a get together when we are in town? :) That gives you until July. :)
sounds like an amazing weekend where you got some good sales and awesome plants! woohoo! homemade lemonade coming soon right? fresh out of the garden! gotta love it. i can't wait to see what creation fritz is going to come up with. very exciting!
Fun! I want to own a house so I can do fun stuff like that! UGH! That is forever away though...
Can't wait to see all your new additions!
yay! Jen, you deserved to have a lovely weekend. I'm so glad you were able to have a few treats. boy do we appreciate the little things when they come scarcely, right?! I get excited when I get to go to dinner or steal a good deal at Hobby Lobby :)
Post a Comment