5.18.2009

Finding the GOOD in my life


These past few months have been a rather trying time for me. I've had my fair share of bumps along the way and even a few good times mixed in somewhere. But overall I've been down. Down about everything. It sucks. I try to see the good, but end up only seeing the not so good things. I think we all have experienced this at one point or another. However, there is always a turning point. A time where you can take a few steps back and just REFLECT. I have been trying to do this as I've become so overwhelmed with my crazy busy schedule/ life. In these reflections I have seen some blessings, blessings I didn't see through all crazy darkness. I just wanted to share the GOOD in a bad situation. Here are a few examples of what I mean.

*Of course the biggy is Markus losing his job. But I'm so grateful I have a job(s) that is still able to support us. How many people can lose almost 1/2 of their household income and still manage to live and hold up some standard of living.
*The above has caused me to think how thankful I am that Markus and I don't live beyond our means and have tried to live a cash lifestyle not worrying about how much to put on a credit card.
*We lost our health insurance. But amazingly we have been spared from going to the Dr/Hospital.
*I have crazily (is that a word) taken on a 3rd job which has given us just what we needed when we needed it.
*Gives me a greater appreciation for the man breadwinners out there supporting their family while mommy stays home as raises children. I will be so thankful for Markus when he can fill in my shoes ;)
*Just got an interview for a position I applied for months ago and it went well and come to find out my boss/dr/contact (from my 2nd job) knows the owner who I talked to. (Keeps gettin better)
*And maybe just maybe this is a taste of what parenthood tastes like. And one day I will get to taste the sweetness :)
*Markus even appreciates me a lot more than he has in the past and that is never a bad thing :) But to go through this... well I guess it's worth it!

Those are just a few things.

The promise: And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Being humbled isn't such a bad thing I've discovered for there are GOOD things in that beautiful teaching process. After all it has allowed me to become closer to the all-knowing Lord. What more could I ask for :)

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Love you, Jen! I have always told you that you are special and to find the positives. Thanks for sharing your learning process and your testimony.

Lisa and Aaron said...

Glad to hear your interview went well! Hang in there things will get better!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin