3.29.2009

The Walmart Experience

I can't believe I'm writing a post about this, but it's monumental. No, seriously!

So Markus and I needed to pick up a few things yesterday and go figure it just happened to be Saturday when we needed these things. Yay! I didn't feel like going to Target (our usual store of choice) so as we were going to Target I asked Markus if he wanted to go to Walmart. I can't remember his reply I just remember telling him the one in Prairieville is just down the road...
As you guessed it we turned around and headed to Pville Walmart. I was very nervous going in as we haven't shopped at Walmart in years. I go to the Neighborhood Walmart by my work but only cause I don't deal with people there and you are in and out VERY quickly. So we pulled up and Markus suggested we get an oil change there. Um what??? Oh yeah that's right they do that here. Duh like why didn't we think of this as Markus went out earlier that morning to try 2 different places only to find out there was a 2 hour wait. There was only 1 car ahead of us at WALMART. Wow so if that wasn't surprising enough we started on our shopping spree. Enthralled by the electronics section, Markus and I forgot to even get a buggy. We had quite the adventure trying to find the front of the store to get one. When we found it a nice young man greeted us so sweetly. I was like Markus did you hear what he said. Neither of us caught it. How funny is that. After 10 minutes of shopping Markus says wow, it's been 10 minutes I'm not offended and kids aren't running around or screaming and I would mention a few other things, but I won't. Needless to say we were quite impressed by our Pville Walmart. I also offered that when we have kids we can shop there and it was nice to see how it wasn't that bad of an experience for us. I told him when we buy our next house it would be there anyway so we might as well get used to it. :) Long story short (haha!) Markus and I both agreed for a Saturday and for us to like this Walmart experience we should think about shopping there again.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It's always nice to hear something positive about WM...all I ever think is evil thoughts, but one is close enough to my house that I usually wind up there (leaving feeling pissy and abused) instead of the Target that is five minutes further away.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Don't get your hopes up! You were lucky that time around, but that is a rare occurrence!

Lexi said...

I thought you swore off Walmart a long while ago! Hey, it never hurts to have a pleasant experience once in a blue moon. Maybe it's a well kept Prairieville secret... until you posted about it ;-0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin