3.13.2009

Cute/ Funny Story 2

I guess since Mrs. Kathi asked for the 1st story I'll tell. For those of you who have heard it, hope you laugh a second time. :)

Several years ago, before Markus and I were even married I had to go to Hobby Lobby while we were together. Never did that before, so I literally had to talk Markus into coming inside the store with me. It was pretty painful for him since he swore dudes don't go in that store. So we get inside I go for the floral section (which is right when you walk in) and the whole time he's looking around for a dude. Of course there were none go figure! Out of the floral section and down the main aisle we go. Then I see this tall slender DUDE coming down the same aisle walking to the front of the store. I told Markus see dudes do shop here. He finally gave it up til the DUDE got closer. Come to find out he was my co-worker at Gap. I called out... Josh, he came running to me in the girliest way with his hands fluttering and gave me this hug. I introduced Markus (so he wouldn't feel awkward of course) and after he was on his merry way. Then Markus leans to me and says see... no straight dudes shop at this store.

I have never lived that one down needless to say :) But if you only knew my friend. It was a priceless moment to me. Which I still love to tell to this day. Funny for both Markus and I.

P.S. We did see straight guys in there when we went, just not on Markus' first visit. You might know.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

HL is the ONLY store that I let Brennan go into the bathroom without me. And of course, one of those times, a DUDE goes in one minute after Brennan. I started mildly freaking out, so I called to Brennan to hurry up. He yells back, "But I am STUCK in the STALL!" I really start freaking out. Then I hear the DUDE (who was a HL employee) tell him how to fix it. He then opens the door so I can see Brennan is fine.
Yep, even dude free stores have dudes and now my almost six year old is back in the girls bathroom with ME!

Cherie' said...

You can tell Markus that Jesse and I both could live in Hobby Lobby. So anytime he complains about it you can share that with him. Miss you!

Kathi said...

LOL - it is funny and worth being on the written page.
Tell Markus that I occasionally get Kurt into Hobby Lobby in Houston and he likes it very much :) - lol - I'm still chuckling.

Love you!

thecaillouets said...

we're having a twilight party. my house the 23rd at 7!!!! let me know if you can come. it's dinner and a movie. i don't have your number since my palm piolet died so call me!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin