10.01.2007

hahaha!


I feel like I am being laughed at by the previous homeowners of our house. I could really give those people a piece of my mind. A few days after we moved into our house we started ripping down the ugly wallpaper in the master bathroom. My sister happened to find these weird looking holes in the sheetrock. Then those turned into tunnels. Well if you haven't guessed by now that was from TERMITES which they apparently had less than a year ago!!!! Oh I bet you guess we knew that and still bought the house. WRONG! We even called them to tell them what we found and they still claimed they have never had termites. We called their pest control people who confirmed he had been treating the house since Feb 2007. I think the thing that pisses me the most off is that they didn't "disclose" to us that this was the case with the house and then lied again about the whole mess. Naturally I want to get them back. But at what cost. I mean for crying out loud we have the dang house. Long story short the Dept of Agriculture is coming out to see if we still have termites thanks to the wonderful people at Massey Services who we will be signing a contract to treat our house after the one on the house is up and force the pest control people who gave them a termite certificate to fix the damages. We are currently attempting to pursue legal action against the former owners. I haven't decided if it's worth it yet. But we are just getting advice right now. I'm just ill about the whole thing. What would you do?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

We kinda had the same thing happen to us. But it was with our foundation. They did not disclose they had foundation problems and it was sold by owner (no agent involved) and right after they sold they moved to China or where ever they came from. So we had to go at it alone. We never sued but probably would have if they lived in the country and we could actually find them. I know it is frustrating. Good luck!

Erica said...

My goodness! That's awful! If they knew about the problems, they deserve to be made responsible for not telling you. Did you have an inspection? If you did, it didn't turn up these problems?

Jessica said...

What a bunch of crap. We've found a few things around here similar to that. I am thinking next time I will buy a newly built structure...although my sister had some trouble with that, too.
Good luck.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin