Ever since I bought this camera I had been dreaming about and dreaded the day it would get hurt. I am really amazed at how in one split moment it can go bye bye forever or so I thought. About 1-1/2 weeks ago I was pulling the camera off the table and the strap got caught on I can't even remember what and the next thing I knew as I was trying to get the strap unstuck and I lost my grip and BOOM went the camera on the floor. I remember being devastated and tried to see if the camera would still turn on. Oh it turned on alright and that was the ONLY thing I really checked for. Of course Markus got the camera and tried to take a few pics with it and noticed the screen was just black. I never told him it dropped (I didn't make it fall!). So immediately my heart sunk (yes, I'm for real) and I thought of course I would break the dang thing and haven't even used it to the best of its ability. Well long story short Markus fixed the camera yesterday, just in time for the game. The mirror was stuck or whatever the thing is that moves to reflect the image. Why and how can we be so in love with "things" that in a split second it can be lost or taken from us. Luckily in this case it wasn't a total loss, but still for a whole week + I thought it was. That camera is how I see the world and how I remember the moment and cherish the memory. Ahh... I'm so grateful it wasn't taken from me this time. One of my favorites shots after the winning touchdown pass was caught.
10.21.2007
Material Things
Ever since I bought this camera I had been dreaming about and dreaded the day it would get hurt. I am really amazed at how in one split moment it can go bye bye forever or so I thought. About 1-1/2 weeks ago I was pulling the camera off the table and the strap got caught on I can't even remember what and the next thing I knew as I was trying to get the strap unstuck and I lost my grip and BOOM went the camera on the floor. I remember being devastated and tried to see if the camera would still turn on. Oh it turned on alright and that was the ONLY thing I really checked for. Of course Markus got the camera and tried to take a few pics with it and noticed the screen was just black. I never told him it dropped (I didn't make it fall!). So immediately my heart sunk (yes, I'm for real) and I thought of course I would break the dang thing and haven't even used it to the best of its ability. Well long story short Markus fixed the camera yesterday, just in time for the game. The mirror was stuck or whatever the thing is that moves to reflect the image. Why and how can we be so in love with "things" that in a split second it can be lost or taken from us. Luckily in this case it wasn't a total loss, but still for a whole week + I thought it was. That camera is how I see the world and how I remember the moment and cherish the memory. Ahh... I'm so grateful it wasn't taken from me this time. One of my favorites shots after the winning touchdown pass was caught.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
jenn, you are looking so skinny. i know the feeling of heartsinking dread as the camera won't turn on...i am glad markus could fix it. it is a bit sad how attached we get to our worldly positions...even if they are great.
We were there, too! We were up in the graduate student section (dental school tickets). Loved it. Couldn't believe the last second touchdown. Geaux Tigers!
Great pic Jenn! Mitch and I were there as well. We work with the first aid in the upper east section.
Glad your camera is ok!
Leah
Post a Comment