10.08.2007

Happy and Sad

Well we found out on Friday we don't have any live termites and that the termite company is going to have to treat our house for free since the guy with the State Dept of Agriculture did't approve of how they did a few things. Now all we have to do is fix the damage the termites caused and hopefully move on. I think at this point I just want this bad dream to go away, oh wait its reality. Nonetheless I am still very happy to have my own house. It was been lots of hard work, but so far very rewarding. I guess when you make such a huge decision like buying your first home their are plenty of emotions that run through you. As I lay in bed last night I finally let it out. I have been so emotionally stretched it is crazy. Everything that I have really wanted to do with my house my daddy could have been right there doing anything I could wish for. I mean my mom has been great helping me do so many things, but I think she too knows how much daddy could do with the house. It's amazing how much you miss someone when you hit another big and happy time in your life (milestone), yet at the same time can be sad because they are not here to see you through it. Everytime someone comes in my house they comment on he beautiful crown molding. My daddy as far as I was concerned was the master of all of it. My front rooom is the only room that has it and I sure wish that every room could have it, but now I have to hire someone to do it along with building me more kitchen cabinets and a cabinet for the master bathroom, etc, etc. I know he would be so happy to do any of it. He loved to leave his stamp on things and had no problem telling everyone about it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i know how you feel. there are so many things that i wish i could tell ms. glenda (bart's mom). i was one of the lucky ones who had an amazing mother-in-law. it's hard to not have her around to do grandma stuff and me stuff, too. my kids are missing out on such a wonderful woman, i just have to keep reminding myself, you know they will get to see her in heaven, how lucky for us. but it is still bittersweet.
so, hope i didn't get you down. have fun making your house awesome!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

We know exactly how that feels, and I'm so sorry. Ayden just started playing soccer, and I know Josh's dad would have come to watch. He also could build anything. He built his house bit by bit over 20+ years and finally moved in when he retired. We are now facing our first Halloween, Thankgiving, etc without him. Every time something breaks, we won't have him racing to BR to the rescue. I know your dad is watching over you. I think the veil is thinner for him than it is for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin