9.18.2007

Homeowners!

Well we closed on the house yesterday. It wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be. I was actually relieved because I might actually be able to sleep now. That seemed like it took forever. Then I had to go to work. What a blow, but after I ran payroll my boss let me leave early. Then the fun starts. Markus and I went to Lowe's because there is no such thing as a perfect house right? We of course wanted to paint, change the locks, light fixtures... blah blah. Sooo... now all of the sudden that I have my own house it's like I don't know what I like and can't make my mind up. Long story short, Bless Markus- we spent 2 hours in Lowe's picking stuff out. I miss the days where I would spend $20 there. We spent $600. I almost flipped. And to think we have plenty more of stuff to buy. I almost threw up at that. Funny how I didn't feel that way at closing when I borrowed all this money to buy a house! Markus told me just think of it like these shows you watch on tv, spend $500 make 10,000. haha! If it was just that easy. As I was starting to rip wall paper off in the Master Bathroom where it had begun to come away from the wall I noticed there was sheetrock underneath, not good when ripping off wallpaper. Always better to have a treated wall underneath. Bad news is the sheetrock was damp, THERE IS A LEAK SOMEWHERE! That was like a punch in the stomach. Oh the joys of homeownership. To think I was excited for this. haha... Markus was like that is why the seller's bought the Home Warranty for us. I'm reading up on it today and might call the inspector to see why he didn't catch this.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats! Good job...stay on top of them till they fix it. Our dishwasher was leaking at the warranty would not cover it because it was preexisting...so be careful. It turned out they had never removed the stopper from the new garbage disposal, those lines are connected. Long story short...there are alot of things you learn (usually the hard way) when you buy a house. Happy Homemaking!

Erica said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

jamie said...

Congrats! Have fun!!!

Holly said...

Congratulations! It is hard work and sometimes expensive getting your house the way that you want it, but its worth it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hear the closing process is miserable! Hope y'all are doing well, we always think about you ( and feeling extremely jealous) when we're watching the LSU games on TV!

Jeni said...

Good job on birthing that new baby house! It must've been hard work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin