8.06.2010

Markus goes fishing!

I was kinda nervous for Markus to go fishing yesterday..  He literally got off work at 2 AM then headed home to get his fishing stuff ready to be out the door at 3:15 or so.  I thought he was crazy for not going to bed.  I could not have done it.  They went to Lake Pontchartrain and Markus said it was really rough.  They didn't start catching stuff until around 11:30AM or so.  They got out there at 6:30 or so.  Crazy!  They rain into a bit of rain and had to get out of the water.  But here's the stats: Markus caught 3 fish (to bring home)/ Ben caught 2 fish (to bring home).  They said they caught lots of catfish but it's not something you would eat.  So I took his word for it.
Filleting the fish
I watched and learned!
The fishy on the knife
Cool eyes
Markus told me you can tell this fish was a drum by this black dot.
Pretty fish, huh?  But he also said it was a redfish.  So I'm kinda confused?
Catch of the day!
The only fish with it's mouth open!  LOL!

Markus' friend Ben didn't want to clean the fish, so Markus got to bring all 5 home.  I'm excited to try them!  Yipee!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin