2.12.2010
A Prayer Story
Markus and I went to his Papa's house to borrow his car on my lunch break Wednesday. We always love to go there and visit, but we didn't have much time because I was on my lunch break. So I went in the kitchen to wash my hands and the glass I had been using to drink out of and I saw this prayer. A Kitchen prayer. It was on a plaque on the inside of his cabinet right by the sink. So I read it. I should have taken a pic of it so I could post it here. It was such a cute and sweet prayer. Albeit his Grandma saw that and knew she had to have it for her kitchen. So I thought of her and told Markus to come read it too. Of course he hadn't really noticed it before, but no surprise there. As I went to sit back down in the Living room, Papa said he had found a prayer today. He went on to tell me how he found Grandma's billfold (wallet) and a piece of paper slipped out with a prayer on it. He told me where it was if I wanted to read it. Well of course I went to find it and it looked like it had been copied a couple of times. You could tell. It had a picture of someone at the top with the words of the prayer at the bottom. So I read. Then I stopped. Looked up at the picture of who I assumed said/spoke the words. I saw a hand raised. I starred a little harder and saw a long skinny microphone in front of the person. Then a suit, then a nose I could barely make out on a round head I couldn't mistake... It was President Hinckley!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! The prophet of our church!!! I excited told Markus who it was and read on. It was beautiful. It was a talk he had given specifically for the youth. Needless to say I was so surprised and had a little smile in my heart. Markus' Grandma had a "prayer" in her wallet from the Prophet. Papa didn't know where it came from. Hmph.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so cool!
That is so awesome! Makes my heart feel warm inside.
Post a Comment