2.17.2010
Do you remember Sixlets?
I'm posting this story for Markus. He would be proud I did :). We were in Walmart yesterday on the candy aisle where all the Easter jelly beans were. Markus was trying to make up his mind which jelly bellys he wanted when a lady stopped us and asked us if we knew of a candy. She described it as being individually wrapped, chocolate with a hard candy shell. The only thing that came to my mind was a Robin egg. I was wrong. She went on to describe it and what the individually wrapped things looked like. I kept thinking they were the size of M&Ms or something. It was then that it dawned on me and I said to her, "these candies are small right, like the size of my diamond?" She then proceeded to tell me that was a low blow. I was embarassed because that is not what I meant to say and tried explaining myself. I wasn't making any headway and she told me I should be happy I have one. I just had to laugh because I thought it was like the size of an M&M and I couldn't think of anything to describe the size of these "SIXLETS" other than like the size of my diamond. Long story short I helped her find what she needed and ironically enough the sixlets had grown! They were much bigger than I remember them as a kid AND they were even in better colors. Too funny! Markus said he was glad that I embarassed myself. He said it was worth it that I did it to myself. So there's the story for ya to remember by :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a funny story! I totally understood what you meant!
hehe, good laugh. it's annoying when the right words don't come to mind...i love sixlets! lol. i honestly can't think of anything to compare them to in size...lol. oh well, some people are bound to get offended...
girl, how could you forget sixlets? They are one of my all time favorites! Although she didn't do a great job explaining them, each one is not individually wrapped! And now they have a big box of them sort of like a milk carton but smaller full of those bad boys!!!!
Post a Comment