10.05.2009

A Message

Conference was wonderful. I only missed 1 session. Not bad for me. Thank goodness the church has kept up with technology as I was able to stream it straight from my phone and on the computer. I am so glad I didn't miss Henry B. Eyring's Message. It hit me. Hard. I just wanted to share it, cause it is that important to hear again, unless you didn't hear it at all.

His message was this, suggestions for "no empty chairs":
  • Pray for the love that allows you to see the good in your companion
  • Pray for the love that makes the weaknesses and mistakes seem small
  • Pray for the love to make your companion's joy your own
  • Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion
My only wish is that I would have heard this sooner. Much sooner. He also went on to say that the Savior is the perfect example of persisting in love. Gosh I just love that and how true it is. He would never give up on us and expects the same out of us. I'm so thankful for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who set the ultimate example for all us to follow. 3 Nephi 11: 10-11 reads, Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified would come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world. I hope yall enjoyed Conference as much as I did. Cause I sure needed a lift :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That session had a lot of messages that seemed tailored just for me and my family. Don't you love how that happens? Thanks for the summary...I loved that talk!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin