8.07.2009
Is it right? or Selfish?
I've felt great about the whole quitting my full time job. Opportunities have come and gone, but overall we are ok. Markus got a job. He starts on Tuesday. I got a job offer, but not sure if I want to take it. Something is tugging at me. That something is what I'm trying to determine what I want to do with my working career. Gee I wonder what it is?? It's time. Time for me. To produce a baby. Boy these things never come at the perfect time, do they? I've often heard not to wait until you are financially set to have children because you will never be. While I find that true, I don't think it would be fair to me or my child that I have, for mommy not to raise baby. So, I've debated and tossed and turned on this. We don't have insurance. Haven't since January. We've lost a lot of income to our house over the last 7 months without Markus working. So is it right to want a baby right now when clearly we aren't in the right place? Is it selfish to want a child and attempt the whole medicade (can't spell) thing just so I can have what I want? That is not what Markus and I are about, but I can't say I haven't thought about it.... a lot. Geez, I tell you decisions decisions. It won't go away. It hasn't for months. Timing is everything.... Yes and how. But really, how do you just have the faith to go with what is tugging at your heartstrings and know or hope that "everything will work out"? That, That is the question?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Life changing decisions are tough. We were lucky enough to have insurance but for the 3rd-7th months of our babies life, I will have to work while Mike and someone else do the daily "raising" and I wish it were me! We know many people who have gotten on Medcaid while still in school and the thing about that is that these are all people who are now contributing to the system that they were receiving that help from. In my opinion, this is how it should work. Those programs are for people who will or have contributed to the system. Just pray daily for an answer to this question and honestly, if you feel like it is right, it will be right. Yall can make this decision and no matter what it is, the Lord will take care of you!
Jenn, you have contributed for years so just think of it as getting back some of your "savings" :) . If you feel with all your heart and soul that now is the time...do not ignore the promptings. However, if you think waiting a few weeks or months might help you all out a bit, then wait just a few more days...
Good luck trying to figure it all out.
Jesse and I both were not in really great places when Ben or Jackson came along, but I tell you, with both of those beautiful little boys came many blessing and we are by far doing better than Jess or I could have imagined for ourselves. It is sooooooooo worth it! Love you girl! Good luck with your decision whatever it may be.
It's funny how to Lord directs our lives and puts things in the right place at the right time even though when we are in the moment, we can not understand why. I do know that if you are TRULY feeling promptings to have a child, it may not be easy nor seem like the right time for you but you WILL be blessed and things will somehow find their way to work out. I know it's scary and hard to find that faith but from experience, I know that things kind of just work themselves out. It's amazing how the Lord blesses us a thousand times when one of his children is brought into this world.
I agree with everyone else! Greyson was a suprise for Aaron and I and we definitely were not financially ready for a baby but it's almost as though having a baby pushed us that much harder to get out of debt and save/prepare for our future. Thankfully we're in a much better place now, it's amazing what prayer and faith can do to get you and your family through tough times! In the end your so much stronger because of it too! Keep praying and have faith!
I did the Medicaid route with Sadie because we had no other option, and you know...I worked since I was 15 years old paying taxes and Jared was still paying them so I didn't feel bad about taking the help. There will always be more reasons to wait if you're looking for them whether it be financial or not. But if you know that its time, then Heavenly Father is telling you its time. A spirit is ready to come into your family. It will be hard, but it will work.
Love you!
I have to admit that personally I'm not a big fan of the medicaid route. That being said, tons of people I know have done it. It can be one of those catch 22s, where you are supposed to have kids and you are also supposed to be self-sufficient. I hated it when people judged Brett and I for NOT doing the medicaid thing and having kids while we were in school so I'm not about to judge the other way around. Its a tough decision financially, but if its the right time for you to start your family then its the right time! Either decide to get health insurance first or decide to do the medicaid route and either way it will work out for ya'll!
Post a Comment