8.13.2009

Our Houston (Anniversary) Trip

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since we went to Houston! It was such a great trip. We celebrated our 4th Anniversary on July 29th and had planned this Houston trip for months to go see our good friends Helen & Heber Tuft right in the middle of our Anniversaries. Their anniversary is exactly a week after ours so we had a fun little celebration there with them. On our way to Houston Mrs. Kathi called me to tell me she was still in town and we went by to see her before stopping off at our destination. This was such a welcome surprise since she was visiting from Singapore and I was so happy she was still in Houston (she kept her house there) and we got to see her. She is the bestest person ever. One of my favorite people in my life :)

In front of Mrs. Kathi's house in Houston, TX
Mr. Dixon (don't ask why I call him that, I just always have)
He was very happy to see us as you can tell :)
Helen & Dixon before we went into the Nasa Space Center
Our tour of the space center. This is where the astronauts train
Markus in front of the Rocket at Rocket Park
Me in front of the rocket
This is where all the flames/fire whatever you want to call it comes out of
Side view, these things were huge! Just look at the people in the background
Markus insisted on taking my picture in front of the huge gas tank
This picture doesn't even do justice to how huge this rocket was!
Funny pic of Heber & Dixon. My camera messed up on the night setting but it made for a cool pic!
Helen & baby Cutler. He would close his eyes at the flash everytime! He is so adorable :)
Markus & Jenn by the Astronauts
The Tufts.
Just for the record Dixon loved the Astronauts and said it in the cutest way. I wish I could write how cute he sounded when he said astronaut :)
Outside of the Space Center. They are such a beautiful family

OK Heber & Helen took us on a Sunday stroll into this beautiful neighborhood... I had to make Markus take a pic of these things! This is the neighborhood we saw Joel Olsteen & his wife. Helen freaked out and made Heber turn around so we could say hey (his wife waved to us as we passed) but by the time Heber FINALLY turned around (he really didn't want to, he felt dumb) they had already gotten in their Escalade and drove off. Darn. It made for a cute/funny story though!

Overall we had a blast while we were in Houston. We shopped at Ikea amongst other fun things like going out to eat and taking walks in their AWESOME neighborhood. Heber & Helen yall were great hosts and we miss you so much. You know I didn't want to leave. I really loved where they lived and the whole big city thing. Maybe one day...

1 comment:

daretodream said...

I love your new blog title and layout :) Love you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin