8.16.2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

My Grandpa would have been 92 today. Crazy to think someone can live that long! We lost him on Easter Sunday this year. He battled a lot in his lifetime especially the last 12 years of his life here on this Earth. He was diagnosed at 79 with Mesothelioma and the doctor didn't even give him to his 80th Birthday to live. He never had any kind of treatment for the cancer other than his lungs being drained. He was a man of great faith. I knew as I got older and learned he never had treatment that the good Lord still needed him here. He buried 2 of his 4 children before he left us. He taught us kids so much. I can still remember their old house in the ghetto. We would drive down Hollywood St. and mom would tell us to look straight ahead and don't stare. That was so funny! We would do chores at their house and he would give us a quarter. It was kinda a big deal! He not only taught us the value of hard work he showed us the value of hard work. He was a carpenter. I only wished I could go into his old workshop now to see all the cool stuff. He retired at 75 as his sight was getting worse and he was quite the perfectionist. I still have somethings he built for me. My favorite things are the rocking chair and swing he built for my baby dolls. I still have my Easter basket he built for me. See around my house and Papa's too EVERYTHING was wooden. I think that is why I'm so passionate about it. I get it honest from him. He was the best man I think I've ever met. Though Markus' Papa is right up there with mine too! I love him. I miss him. I wish I could sing him his favorite song again, "You Are My Sunshine". He loved that song. He would request us kids to sing it too him. He was too funny. So I wanted to share some pics of this great man I called Grandpa and Papa.



In Loving Memory of Cleveland Paul LeBlanc, Sr.
Reunited with my Aunt Peggy and Daddy :)

He was famous for a lot of things in a grandkids eyes, but I will never forget his Tea Cakes. Here is the Recipe Papa's Tea Cakes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin