8.29.2007

2 Years and 1 month vs. 1 month



As I was thinking of today and what it has meant to so many people on the gulf coast I thought about this day 2 years ago. When we woke up to no electricity and the horrible sights of Katrina aftermath we were really bummed. But for silly reasons like no electricity, which brought no AC or TV or home cooked meal. See Markus and I had only been married for 1 month exactly. And that very day we were both just so grateful to have weathered the storm and to only have been effected by no electricity for 1 1/2 days. I was so grateful that we were together and that we were able to be married and if anything happened to us, were were sealed together, forever. That brought me great comfort in such an unpleasant time. But now 2 years later it is still affecting us. We are about to buy a house and our insurance carrier still isn't writing homeowners'. WOW. I feel like the people have recooperated better than these silly businesses we rely on for service. I am just so thankful to be with my best friend for life and even a storm can't tear about what we have, share and believe in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin