My New Dining Room!!!!Well, what do you think? I've heard mixed reviews... but honestly, honestly... I love the chocolate wall. I FREAKED when I painted around the base & crown and saw the contrast... then I put the color on the wall and instantly fell in LOVE! I wanted super mod fabric that would go with the 70s style chairs and as soon as I saw this fabric I knew it would work and didn't have to look anymore. It really helped pull everything together (for me). I decided to go with white instead of staining the chairs just because the floors and the walls were so dark and it certainly puts a nice brightness/newness to everything :). For the table, I got my inspiration for the table from this "All Things Thrifty" post and instantly wanted to try it... I thought screw Christian Street Furniture stuff.... I CAN DO THIS... AND ALL BY MYSELF. Went to Lowes found a color and the glaze and in about 15 mins I had a new looking table. CRAZY!
Cost Breakdown:
Paint: $14.97/Clearance Behr Bed& Bath @ Home Depot (reg. $28.97)
Chairs:
Fabric $3/yd (I needed 1.25/yds) (reg. $12/yd)
Foam/Padding $2.99/yd (needed 2.25/yds) (could have gotten it on sale if I wouldn't have waited 1 wk later to buy)
White Spray Paint: $3.44/can Satin White Valspar @ Lowes (needed 5 cans, booo incl primer)
Table:
Blue Spray Paint: $3.44/can Gloss in Mediterranean Valspar @ Lowes (1 can)
Glaze: $8.98/ smallest little bottle in Asphalt by Valspar @ Lowes (used about 1/16 of it)
For a Grand Total of $52.07(+tax)
I guess not too bad, but really if they would have sold the silly glaze in a smaller quantity (I already bought the smallest bottle they had) I could have come in under budget! Crazy what a little bit of paint and fabric can do, huh?




10 comments:
I LOVE IT!!
Look at you little Mrs. Decorate on a Dime! I'm SOOO not crafty like that and I DEFINATELY don't have the patience BUT I'm envious of those who do! I'm sure Kent would LOVE me to do something like and save him a little $$$! It looks great....LOVE the wall color...LOVE warm colors like that! Show us more! Show us more!
I love it!!! It looks so cute, and I'm with Karlee, show us more!
and I'm so jealous of that beautiful crown molding and thick molding on the bottom, ours is SO GHETTO on the bottom and non-existent up top. One day!
Okay you are probably sick of my comments by now but I'm pretty sure I'm going to worship that "All things Thrifty" blog! Thanks!
It looks awesome! I love the shape of those chairs and the fabric you chose. The weathered turquoise on the bottom part of the table is my favorite.
Jenn it looks awesome!! i'm so proud of you! the fabric and the chairs look sooooo good!!! i can't believe it is the same chair! and i think i already told you i loved the table. what an inspiration! and for how much you spent, you have a knack at this for sure! now i want to do something!
LOVE IT. I need to check back here after my LA trip to get reinspired to do my table...I even already own the paint! Just can't do it this week, so I will look again, love it again, then get busy with mine.
Great color choices & fabric! Thanks for sharing at the Power of Paint Party!
It's beautiful and all of my favorite colors!!! you are amazing.
Post a Comment