1.22.2008
Cars
Last week Markus was playing tennis at Independence Park. He took my car there. While playing he heard this loud BANG and a car alarm sound. See we never use the car alarm on our car so Markus thought nothing of it other than somebody's car just got smoked. Well that would be our car. Just looking at it all it really looked like was a busted out headlight. Big deal right? It was huge to me since I had been driving around with an expired inspection sticker. I had tail lights out in the back that Markus replaced I just kinda forgot about getting the sticker, until this stupid kid hits the car. He was trying to make a deal with Markus which Markus totally misunderstood him. He was trying to tell Markus to bring it to any shop and he would pay up to $1000 to get it fixed. Markus thought he was saying he would give him $1000. Yeah that sounded too good to be true. I told him to call the cops, but he insisted that I come up there to see the damages. Long story short we ended up calling the cops because Markus misunderstood what the dude was trying to offer him, etc. The only crappy thing was Markus didn't have his wallet, so I would've still had to come up there and when I was looking for our most current insurance, yeah we had the wrong car's insurance card in the glove compartment. What a mess. Yesterday I went to drop the car off at the auto repair shop and get a rental. I was excited about the rental car idea. Especially when they had to upgrade me to a SUV. I'm driving around a Jeep Liberty. It's really cute, but how to people go in debt over new cars.. it's beyond me. The not so exciting part about driving around in the car is it's now going to take 2 weeks for the car to be fixed. The original estimate of damage was $1400 now it turned into $2400. Oh joy. I really thought they were calling to tell me the car damages were more than the car was worth and they weren't going to fix it. Ahh... cars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that really sucks. at least you get a cool car for a while...we had a rental once, and i was so sad to get my car back:)
That stinks. Dealing with insurance companies and car repairs is always a pain. I hope that everything goes smoothly for y'all.
Post a Comment