8.07.2011

Our anniversary trip

Last Friday we headed for Houston. Markus and I just needed a break from the daily grind in BR. It was nice to get away. As we were driving we came across some gross weather. But surprisingly all of the sudden I saw a rainbow!!!! I just knew that was Daddy's way of telling me happy anniversary! I was so happy I teared up and just couldn't stop staring.


Then we landed in Texas!!



I really love their welcome center! It's so pretty. Trevor was sleeping when I snapped this pic so it's all we have to mark his first road trip by. We stayed with out friends David and Suzette who live in the Woodlands, TX. We absolutely love their little community. Everything is so close and convenient.
That night Suzette got a babysitter and it was the first time we have left Trevor with anyone besides family. We went to eat at the Americas restaurant on the waterway.



The view from our table. It was so nice!



A pic if my food. I had red snapper that was crusted with corn and spicy shrimp on the side. It was so awesome.



Then there was dessert. Tres leches. It was amazing. Our waitress was so sweet she said it was on the house.



On our way out we hit the bathroom up. Yes I took a pic of the bathroom. It was so pretty.


A closer look at the sink. I just couldn't get over it. How pretty is that???



We walked outside to this awesome waterfall. It has different lights and cycles that the water plays on.


Our friends showed us around the waterway. It was so nice. Everything is lit up at night.


Looks like Christmas doesn't it? All the crepemyrtles had lights on them. It was such a fun night with friends and so romantic.

Saturday we went to the houston temple and the off to one of my favorite stores...



It was a record we only spent 2 hours in there which included shopping, eating, and 2 diaper changes for Trevor. I just wasn't in the mood when we finally got there. So sad. But oh well. That night our Friends had a party in the cul de sac with their neighbors. We had not seen anything Like this before. They are all friends. I thought that was pretty neat. So we joined in their party and got to meet all the neighbors. So cool. Then Sunday morning early we headed back home. We had a blast and can't wait to go back. Here are some cute pics from the trip.



Trevor entertaining himself. He loves his fingers.



He was trying to look at me lol!



He rolled himself like a burrito in the blanket. So funny!



I put markus' hat on him. He looks so much like his daddy!!!



On our way back home. He found his ears and has played with th ever since!!



Sleeping like a baby!



And finally his new smirk!! I absolutely love this kid!!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kristen said...

He totally looks like his daddy with his daddy's hat on!! Looks like y'all had a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin