3.28.2011

Hello St. Francisville

A couple of weekends ago we went to St. Francisville to see one of my childhood favorites... Rosedown Plantation.  I absolutely loved it.  I forgot how beautiful it was and how amazing the grounds were.  Here are the pics to capture a heavenly day :)
 Entering the Garden...
 They had a few water fountains around the house
 Trevor chillin'
 A view from the front steps of the Plantation
 Love the gazeboes
 The Lion really caught my eye
 Nice effect with the Sun huh?
 Interesting urn... looked like it broke in half
 The only original chandelier in the house
 I absolutely loved the wallpaper.  It was fabric.
 And most of the floors in the house... Canvas.  Isn't it beautiful?
 THe dining room.  I love the built-ins
 And stunning ceiling details!
 How about this bathtub?  I don't think 2 people could fit in this one!
 Now this is old-fashioned!
 You kinda can't tell from this pic... but this chair was maybe a foot from the ground.  Crazy!
 Ahhh the butler's pantry!  I need one of these in my house!
 I wish I could have taken my bridals on a piece like this!
 Love this pic
 Markus and I were blown away by this crib/cradle.
 A view from the balcony
 Little Trevor Man was out!
 The other urn... a drainage hole?
 I love this fountain!
Rosedown Plantation
St. Francisville, La.

Stay tuned for Hello St. Francisville Part 2.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin