11.17.2010

Happy Bday To Me

Last week my sinuses started acting up. Luckily I just happened to be at the Dr. and she suggested not taking Claritin, but instead taking Sudafed to dry everything up. So I bought some of that and took it through the weekend. I was hoping to start feeling better by Saturday morning when I was due to travel to Houston for a shopping trip for my bday. Well long story short it didn't get better, but worse. I was confused and annoyed, but went about my weekend. We got to IKEA around 10:45 and didn't leave until around 4pm. You do the math! It was awesome. I felt like I got to see everything I wanted to. I didn't say I bought everything I wanted to, but almost. It was great. I really wish we had one closer! But we spent longer in the store than we did traveling, so I guess that isn't too shabby :) I picked up plenty of necessities for the nursery, some fun stuff for me and took care of Christmas gifts for a few while there. I like this buying early stuff. Especially being due so close to Christmas. I think that will come in handy. Then off to the outlet mall in Cypress, TX we went. They have a lot of great stores. Of course I told my MIL that it would just be for fun for me cause I spent all the money I told myself I would spend at IKEA... unless I saw something for Markus of course. Which I did at the Calvin Klein store and JCrew store, but second-guessed myself and knew something wouldn't be quite right with it. But did you know they have a JCrew kids??? It's called Crew Kuts and they started around toddler age clothes and go up from there. Ahhh I loved everything I saw of course! Hopefully Trevor man can benefit from this when he finally fits into their starting size. Markus would even have approved of almost everything I saw in there. Crazy! That was an exciting discovery. We stayed with some friends we tailgate with and they were such gracious hosts. They have a little boy who is 3.5 and he made me so excited to have a boy! He is such a good child. I just loved our stay there. I would love to go back, but we will have to see. Sunday on our way back we stopped by Cracker Barrel Country Store. They have the prettiest Christmas stuff. Note to self, MUST GO BACK WHEN STUFF IS ON SALE!!! When we arrived home I was so excited to show Markus all my goodies that I spent a small fortune on at IKEA. I think overall he was then ok with it. A lot of things were for baby and Christmas. Some for me... like kitchen stuff... hahaha! Then he helped me put the bookshelf together and get things in the nursery together cause I was super excited about what I brought home. We had our friend Fritz over for dinner and before I knew it, he was starting on the mural in the nursery and wanting to finish it before he left that night. I. Was. So. Excited!!! Then Monday my bday comes and I can barely get out of bed. Markus after much talking convinced me to call in sick to work. I felt bad enough to do so, so I did. The office manager totally understood. She knew Friday wasn't a good day for me. So I spent a couple of hours trying to get some sleep through all the phone calls. It was fun! Then attempted to be productive and mail out thank you's from the shower. Markus came home from school shortly after that, and we went to Albertsons to get me some different medicine. After talking to the pharmacist I learned the Sudafed I thought I'd been taken wasn't really the full strength stuff. Basically if you want real Sudafed with the pseudaphedrine (sp) then you have to get it behind the counter. Note to self. That would explain why I wasn't getting better. So she said I could take Mucinex and it's been doing great for me. We went home with our new found knowledge and took a nap. At about 6:30 I decided I didn't want my last bday with no kiddos to be lame so Markus and I ventured out in the nasty weather and got me a piece of pumpkin cheesecake from Whole Foods and other little goodies along with a small dinner and ate at the window while we watched the rain. How sweet!?! And that is how spent my last bday without getting a babysitter. Needless to say we are going to party hard for Markus' bday and live it up before baby comes. He'll be 30 anyway. What better age to celebrate... I see NOLA and dinner and who knows what else :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin