Markus and his observant self happened to "catch a glimpse" of something he didn't care to see. What you ask, someone we know cheating on their spouse. WTH! This was the same person who told me they were working it out. The same person who has young children at home. The same person who lied to me, to their spouse (apparently) and to the kids (inadvertently). This news was just so sad to me. I'm not sure this person would have been so happy with the picture being sent to their spouse. Or would they? Since they were seen in public, did this person want to get "caught"? This little escapade has certainly got me thinking about my own spouse and my little boy at home. I would never dream of such a thing. I can't imagine getting to that point, level, degree, etc. Can you imagine how this person's spouse is supposed to feel at the end of the day? How would you feel?
Yes this beautiful thing of marriage has been on my mind because of it. I hate that marriage in general is under attack by the people in this world. Even down to my own family members. It's really crazy to think I have to defend my marriage to my own family (not my boys). Nope mine isn't perfect. Far from it. Matter of fact, we have a long way to go to get there. But it's what I'd like to call a "Work In Progress"... a phrase we commonly use in the construction industry where I work. I like it that way. Just think about when you stop working at it, it fails. I'm surprised how people in general give up on marriage so quickly these days. Where is the fight in you people? What happened to the very thing that attracted you to them in the first place? I have always stuck with the saying, "Something worth having is worth working for". I can't think of a better thing I would want to work for. I look at my marriage.... in 2 months I will have been married for 6 years. Like seriously, where did the time go? I cannot believe it! Contrary to some beliefs... I actually don't live as glamorous of a lifestyle as you might think. You see those almost 6 years, yes they haven't all been easy. Come to think about it, I don't think any of them have been easy. There has literally been some craziness we have WORKED through every year! But the thing is, we made it, lived through it, we are alive and still kicking :). Can't ask for more than that. Markus is my heart. I honestly think he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He showed me how to love again and the longer we are together, he shows me what kind of person I need to be... more patient, loving, laid back (always will be a WIP), etc. etc. You get the idea. It's crazy to think I could have been attracted to someone so completely opposite from me. But let me just say, that opposition has brought us closer together and we are both so thankful for it. Markus says all the time how happy he isn't like me and I say the same of him, lol! And now we have a little boy who is counting on us to see how a marriage should be. I'm so grateful for the wonderful example my in-laws have been in my husband's life and in mine. They make my heart smile when I see them together. They will have been married for 35 years in 3 months. How awesome is that? I can't wait until that is Markus and I 30 years from now :).
To Markus,
You are the love and light of my life. I'm so happy the good Lord saw fit to make our paths cross 9 years ago this month. I just thought you were great then... you are the best now! I'm sure it will keep getting better. I know we can make it through anything even another kid if that is what you want :). I am so happy to be called your wife. I pray I live up to your love everyday of my life. May we never quit working.
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment