1.04.2011

Just What I Needed

Markus got the mail today, and like any other day I expected to see bills, catalogs, and stupid credit card offers.  I was presently surprised when I had all of the above except for stupid credit card offers.  In their place I had an envelope addressed to me, but with some other weird street name.  I just stared at it and wondered how it go to me when it was addressed to Old Newport Ave.  Hmph?  Knowing I don't live on that street or anything close to it, I looked for the return address and there was none.  Of course I was dying to know what was inside and who it could have come from, because I obviously need to give them my address, right?  It was a handwritten letter (in pencil) on loose leaf paper from one of my young women at church.  It brought a big smile to my face as the first paragraph addressed my soon to be son and how they would miss me @ church but hope I have fun with him :).  Anxious, I kept reading.  She went on to say about how she was going through a rough time and how I have helped her to see things from a different perspective.  Closing with, "I just wanted to say thanks for being such a good example, leader and friend."  I was speechless, even more so when I noticed the letter wasn't signed.  No name.  Unfortunately I'm not good enough to know each of my girls handwriting, but I have a clue.  And boy was that just what I needed to read today.  What a sweet reminder of how God works in our lives.  Right when I think I'm teaching them, they teach me.  I'm going to miss them to pieces too.  I have enjoyed being with them every Sunday and watching them blossom.  It is really something the Young Women's program in my church.  Oh how I love it!  May my sweet girl who wrote me this letter know that I love her and that I'm here when she needs me even though I might not be @ church for a little bit.  They are my heart!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

That is precious! What a sweet surprise! You are a great example, Jenn, and I know the Lord loves you, it is apparent in your life!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin