I was thinking as we were driving around Sunday night looking at people's trash just how much we have brought home from trash piles. It's actually kinda funny. But a great way to fill things up in our house. Then I got to thinking about how little furniture we have actually bought for our house. Crazy to think. So I thought it would be fun to take an inventory of every room. Maybe when I finish cleaning up (yes the "nesting" has taken over me) I'll take pictures so I won't forget the current state of the house. So here goes:
Master Bedroom:
King size mattress- given to us by Markus' Aunt Nancy
King size headboard (Newly acquired)- Craig's List
Double Dresser- Craig's List
Armoir- bought @ Kornmeyer's going out of business sale
My nightstand- picked up on side of road (in our neighborhood!!)
Markus' nightstand- Incl. in my original bedroom set as kid
Markus' dresser- Daddy built for us as kids
Armchair in sitting area (newly acquired)- side of road in Mom's neighborhood- Sunday!
Dining Room:
Table- purchased from a lady I used to work with (set was 18 yrs old)
Chairs- given to be by my sis, Natalie
Living Room:
Sofa/ Loveseat- Mom gave to me
Mock Coffee Table- we bought from Pier 1
Zebra Rug- bought from PB
TV Console table- bought from PB when purchased TV
Bookshelf- bought from Pier 1
Mock Sofa Table- side of road in Mom's neighborhood
Secretary- Daddy built in 70s
Nursery:
Crib- Mom gave to me
Double Dresser- Boss gave to me
Nightstand- Cousin gave to me
Table- Coworker gave to me from side of road
Office-
My 2 glass desks- Given to me by old boss
My zebra chair- given to me by old boss
Markus' desk- bought from World Market
Markus desk chair- bought from Office Depot
Corner shelf- bought from Pier 1
Wow! I think those around us furnished our house instead of us! Crazy to think. But that does have me motivated to take pics. I think it would make a cool spread in Sweet Pea's scrapbook. And hilarious to look back on in the years to come.
I did tell Markus on Sunday night while trash huntin' that I hope we don't forget these times. He asked what I meant (I think) and I told him we've had a lot of fun on Sunday nights just driving around seeing what people throw away and just embarrassing him and throwing it in the back of the car. Like our new (to us) arm chair that I can't wait to recover. We could barely fit it in the car on Sunday night. As a matter of fact, we couldn't. It was literally a block or not even really around the corner from my mom's house so we drove with the gate open and up her driveway we went to try to maneuver the chair into the back of the SUV. Hilarious and I laughed so hard I could have peed on myself. Man those are the days, times, moments, memories. I freakin' love being poor dude! And I love the pride Markus has when I see something I like or want to pick up and how he circles around and around waiting for the cars to free up on the street and how he turns the lights off when we {finally} arrive at our destination and he makes me get out and put the seat down (if necessary) then open the back up and get everything prepped for him to make an exit out of the car to lower himself to such. Yes these are the days! I love my hubby!
1 comment:
THAT is a fantastic post :D I never find any good stuff in the trash around here. I guess I need to go to West O where the rich people's trash resides :)
Oh, and one time, when we were first married, I found the coolest (at the time) hot pink chair in the trash. It lived in our tiny apartment for at least a year, though it was a bit rickety so only some people could sit in it.
Post a Comment