9.21.2009

Getting back to myself


I'm so glad I'm married to such an honest man. He has a way of bringing me down or up to reality whatever the case might be. I've been down. Very down. Obvious reasons. Nothing new really. Just my life as of this year. Markus practically picked me up by my pants and suggested I get over it. He noticed. I have gotten rid of what was the stress/anxiety in my life, kinda... I guess I was sorta hoping it was invisible so he wouldn't notice that I was giving up on everything that made me, well me. I've reconsidered getting rid of all my scrapbook stuff, started working in the garden again, attempting to make some meals, started taking pictures again, decorating my house, working towards finishing the bathroom remodel and one day kitchen remodel... etc. I can't believe how much of myself I have just lost this year. And honestly how much I have missed out on. Of course at the same time, I was going through this humbling process. Funny how the Lord does that FOR us. haha! I know that's the only way I really walk away with the lesson for future reference. Dang... I just need a little sunshine for a while to get me to the next best thing. So here's to baby(s) aka "sunshine" one day :) A man I dearly love and respect at church told me marriage was a faith-based organization and starting a family was the same way. I just started balling. He said he didn't mean to make me cry...but really it's just gotta happen!

3 comments:

Karlee said...

No worries, you're not alone when you say you feel like you've lost yourself. That has happened to me multiple times and you just have to pick yourself up, and start looking at things in life that will help you feel good about yourself. It's DEFINATELY NOT easy, but it IS possible!!

jamie said...

I second that Karlee.....I definitely feel like this at times. Sometimes when people ask me basic questions like what do you like to do I just stop and think.....and then I'm like OH MY GOSH what is wrong with me?! So yes, hold on to who you are as tightly as you can and even tighter when you forget!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

I'm comforted to know that I'm not the only one that feels like they have lost pieces of themselves over time, but am sad too that you, Karlee and Jamie have had to experience it because i know how sad it feels. im glad you're getting back to yourself. love you girl.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin