I think there comes a time in life where one realizes after something almost traumatic could have happened that you are blessed. Blessed by the ever watchful hand of God and the sweet tender mercies he provides to us to let us know we are loved, watched, and blessed.
Yesterday, I received word that my SUV was ready for pick up from being repaired. I got my dear sweet coworker to drop me off at the shop to pay and pick up my vehicle. I didn't get many details on what was the problem or repaired by Markus, so I really wanted to talk to the mechanic. He came out and told me what he repaired and told me that there was a fuel leak and what he did to fix it. I had been smelling gasoline for weeks and knew something wasn't right. He said the fuel leak was spewing out from the injectors. My eyes got bigger. He told me I was lucky. I asked why? He said if the gasoline would have touched the exhaust the truck would have gone up in flames. He looked me straight in my eyes as he was telling me this horrifying "almost" news... I fought back my tears. Thanked him profusely. And was out the door. Driving to my office I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I started saying silent prayers to God. Thanking him and thanking him some more. I began to tear up... my baby was in the car with me... everywhere I went. Everywhere. Wiped my tears and walked inside. My dear sweet coworker who dropped me off asked about the car. I just started bawling. I couldn't stop crying. I realized how lucky I was. She was the one who even planted the idea in my head that that could happen. My head was obviously in the clouds. And at the expense of my child and me and my now unborn child. Oh dear!
I am so grateful for this lesson to bring me closer to how God watches over me and my family. I cannot believe it sometimes. How much of a protection He provides to us. I just felt the need to share. I was truly humbled as often times is how it happens for me to see something ever so important. Thank you God for this tender mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment