It is with great emotion that I make this post. No really, just ask Markus. I balled my eyes out last night. And didn't really stop 'til I had it all out. I still can't believe my baby is 1 years old. I don't know where the time has gone. It's not just a catch phrase to me. The time has gone to sleepless nights {at first}, to work for 8 hours a day and 5x week, to church for 3 hours every Sunday, to Saturdays and Sundays spent together just enjoying all day... just the 3 of us, to 1 months, 2 months and so on and so forth to all of the 1st's a year can bring... lifting his head, smiling, sleeping through the night, rolling over, cooing, sitting up, growing teeth, getting shots, having blow-outs, tasting formula & baby food, crawling, pulling up... I mean seriously if there has ever been an overload in my life it would have been this past year. It. Was. So. Fast. And now I am just trying to catch up. Like picking up the baby book and wondering why the hell I didn't get to fill in the first time he reached for me or waved or clapped. Probably because I was to busy soaking it all in. I loved it. All of it. The good, the bad, the smelly... you name it! The more he moved the less I got on this computer to tell the whole world about it. Wow that was a mouthful. But it certainly has been the story of my life lately. Ever wonder if you will miss something if you blink? Yep that has been me. And truth be told, I have missed it. A lot of it. But I have also gotten to witness with my own 2 eyeballs something so beautiful and sacred to me... something that only God created...life. Love. The miracle of the birth of my first born. And all that comes with it. I am truly humbled every time I seriously ponder it. The Heavenly Father knew what he was doing. Oh let me tell you!
So here are some {ok a LOT} pics of my baby and his party... Most compliments of Sarah Hodges (Nanny) with my lovely new lens.
 |
| Eating lunch |
 |
| Cutesy balloons over his highchair |
|
 |
| Bottoms up! |
|
 |
| Playing with Bogey |
 |
| And loving it! |
|
 |
| Uncle Eric getting some lovin'! |
|
 |
| Smash Cake |
|
 |
| Trying real hard to grab the candle |
 |
| Not sure what to do with this big thing |
 |
| Finally I had to put his hand toward his mouth so he could taste the goodness |
 |
| Lovin' on my baby... I mean toddler |
 |
| Digging holes in the cake! |
 |
| Yummmmm! |
 |
| A Raspberry Cream Cheese King Cake for the adults |
 |
| I think he likes it! |
|
 |
| Arm rest! |
 |
| Looking at himself in the mirror |
 |
| Mirror shot! |
|
 |
| Not sure who to look at :) |
|
 |
| Uncle Eric and Nanny love me! |
 |
| Eventually we had to turn the cake around... |
 |
| So he could rest his face and arms on the cake....lol! |
 |
| Fun cake time! |
 |
| Uncle John wasn't as interested in Trevor's cake fun... |
 |
| Miss Diane helped clean Trevor up (along with the 4+ others too!) |
 |
| All cleaned up and ready for present time! |
 |
| Daddy helps open presents |
 |
| Nanny gave him a frame that said "I Love My Aunt" |
 |
| Then Mommy takes over to help |
 |
| Ready, set, go! |
 |
| A Goodnight Tigers! Just like goodnight moon! |
 |
| Mimi's gift |
 |
| Drew watching Trevor open gifts |
 |
| Birthday Banner stretched across our whole living room wall. Design by: Delightful Prints on Etsy |
 |
| Lea-Lea got Trevor a ride one Fire Truck |
 |
| Trevor was all about the balloon on one of his presents... |
 |
| Balloon= New Toy |
 |
| Drew riding Trevor's (Markus') Rocking Horse |
 |
| The Mantle embellished with Trevor! |
 |
| Playing with Uncle "E" |
 |
| the #1 Mommy made and Trevor's sock monkeys |
 |
| the leftover cake |
 |
| Then out the door for more pictures! |
 |
| On our way to the front yard |
 |
| For the photo shoot! |
 |
| Such a big boy! |
 |
| Smiling away! |
 |
| Clap Clap Clap |
 |
| Trying to climb out the wagon |
 |
| Looking at Nanny making some noise :) |
 |
| Yeah my computer crapped out and didn't make this look so great :( |
 |
| Happy family |
 |
| Best shot we could get |
 |
| Uncle Eric, Nanny & Trevor |
 |
| Playin' with Uncle E |
 |
| Yay! |
 |
| Trevor loves Uncle E.. can you tell? |
 |
| Having a ball! |
 |
| Favorite Uncle & Auntie |
 |
| Love this one of the 3 of them |
Kudos to you if you made it this far. It was a great day. We really enjoyed ourselves and all who came to support our little man. A BIG Thanks to Eric and Sarah for coming to help Friday and Saturday. You were a lifesaver. And to Esther for helping me on Saturday before the party, I can always count on you. Love yall!
2 comments:
SO SO SO CUTE! I love the sock monkey cake pops, and the streamers behind the high chair and the cake stand and the balloon pictures (dude, I love that you did that pinterest idea w/ the balloons, I think we both saw that?)
SO FUN AND CUTE!
Love, Love, Love the pictures! He's such a cutie!!!
Angel
Post a Comment